Thursday, February 08, 2007

Enough already!

I think we have plenty of snow, now. Thanks, but it can stop anytime! It has snowed every day for the past week and it's supposed to snow every day for the next week. Normally it's only a few flurries but today the lake effect snow band has moved over us. We live an hour to an hour and a half away from Lake Ontario but we are in the direct path of the lake effect snow band. At least we aren't up in the northern part of the state which has received almost 6 feet of snow in the past week and is supposed to get more! Alek is glad he's not in Oswego this year since they will probably end up with close to 8 feet of snow.

These pictures were taken from my front door looking down at the road and the high school across the street. And I have to go out and drive in that mess in a little while. I love the 4 wheel drive on my new KIA Sportage!



As far as knitting goes, there isn't much to report. I did finish a baby hat out of some clearance yarn I found at JoAnn's Fabrics. It's JoAnn's brand and it's called Smania. It is a cotton/nylon blend. If you double click on the picture of the ball of yarn, you can see how the yarn has sort of a mesh tube around it. It knit up nicely but since it is cotton, it bothered my hands a little. I love the rainbow sherbet colors in it!






I don't normally buy novelty yarn like this but it only cost me $.75 a skein! I got two skeins of the Smania, two skeins of Camelia, and two skeins of Petalo. I'll show you pictures of the other two yarns later sometime.

Now I have to get ready for work or I will be later than normal. Happy knitting and stay warm!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Bianca said...

Sounds like a fun yarn to work with... and a bargain for sure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home