Thursday, May 24, 2007

7 Random Things

Vivian tagged me with the 7 random things meme. That was a good thing as it prompted me to post. Here are 7 things you never wanted to know about me.

1. I'm addicted to playing solitaire and Scrabble on my laptop. Too often I play them instead of doing things I really need to do.

2. I used to weave baskets and I've made over a hundred baskets in my life time. I sold most of them in a consignment craft shop. I stopped making them several years ago and have only made one since then.

3. The only things I've ever knit for myself in the 40+ years I have been knitting are two pairs of socks and two scarves.

4. I collect old needlework tools. I have thimbles, tape measures, tatting shuttles, sewing kits, crochet hooks, etc.

5. My mother's ancestors came to the Mohawk Valley around 1709 and helped settle this area.

6. The house I lived in while growing up was haunted.

7. I was very shy and hated giving oral speeches in high school so I would pick an offbeat topic to hold everyone's attention. I gave talks on fortune telling, voodoo, and life after death.

On the knitting front, things have been very disjointed. I am working on things but not finishing things. I have the second ponchette, a back-zip hooded baby sweater, a toddler pullover, and socks on the needles in various stages of completion. And I'm not very enthused about working on any of them. I did knit a pair of baby booties but that's about it. I'm trying to resist casting on for something new to break the boredom.

I hope everyone here in the U.S. has a nice Memorial Day weekend. We're packing up the 5th wheel and camping for the weekend. I can't wait to go!

4 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Vivian said...

Thank you for indulging me, Sue. My mom has been knitting all her life and never knitted anything for herself. Nowadays she mostly knits baby things for charity too.

Have a great trip!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Have fun this weekend!!

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought your list was VERY interesting! You are like me, you don't often knit for yourself. I'm trying to break that habit - how about you?! Why not make this the year you knit a sweater for yourself? Have a great weekend!!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I have all my mom's needlwork tools, and have considering collecting others, too! How neat!
(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home