Tuesday, May 01, 2007

April Socks

Here are my April socks for the Sock-A-Month 3 KAL (link in sidebar). I made them using this pattern. The yarn is Online Supersocke, Fach 6, Winter Colors in color 880. I used size 2.75mm needles.



For some unknown reason, I decided to make the foot 50 rows long instead of 56 rows. They're a little short for my size 9 foot but fit my daughter's foot perfectly. (I had her try on the finished one when she was home at Easter). I mailed them out to her yesterday.

I cast on for another pair of socks with another skein of Online Supersocke. This one is in shades of green and gray. I'm using size 2.75 mm needles again but I'm using my Yankee Knitter Designs "Classic Socks" pattern. I did 1 inch of K1, P1 ribbing and then went to K2, P2 ribbing for the rest of the leg. I don't have enough done to post a picture yet.

I decided it was time to send out a bunch of charity items that have been patiently waiting in my project basket.

These full term and toddler hats are going to Parkland Hospital in Texas. I'm at work and don't have the names of all the pattern books I used. I'll post what I remember and correct myself later.

Left to right:

Turquoise hat - Itty Bitty Hats using Caron Simply Soft.
Lavendar hat - pattern written by Gail Bable for the Knit Baby Surprise list where I am no longer a member. Knit in Bernat Soft (I think).
Rolled brim hat - Knit Hats for Kids book in Smania from JoAnn's Fabrics.
Blue helmet - Sirdar pattern in Peter Pan by Wendy. I'll have to post the leaflet number after I'm home.



And these sweater/bootie sets are going to Warm Hearts, Warm Babies in Colorado.



The sweater pattern for both is Little Lamb from Leisure Arts "Precious Layettes" book. It's knit from the top down and a great pattern. It can be found at most JoAnn's Fabric stores. The bootie pattern is another Sirdar pattern. The yarns used are Patons Astra (pink) and Patons Look at Me (purple).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the socks...really pretty colors! There will be some styling babies with all those lovely hats, sweater and booties! :)

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Vivian said...

Hi Sue, I tagged you to write "7 random things", more details on my blog. Hope you don't mind.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Hi Sue, I am trying to email Gail Bable and am unable to use her email addresses (mail is returned). Do you know a current email address for her? Thank you.
Karen.brown@cablespeed.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home