Thursday, June 07, 2007

May Socks and camping

These are the socks I finished for May for the SAM3 KAL. I call them my bulletproof socks. They were knit from one skein of Reynolds Lopi on size 6 needles. The pattern was a free one from Dawn Brocco called One Skein Lopi Socks. I don't think it's on the internet anymore.




I made the first sock several years ago while waiting from my daughter to have knee surgery. The second sock was done through the heel flap and then abandoned. I looked at it a few times over the years but had misplaced the pattern. That's when I discovered a google search didn't turn it up anymore. Luckily I found the pattern in all my papers. I finished it over Memorial Day weekend. Here is a picture of the sock relaxing on the picnic table at the campground. (You can click on any picture for a close up.)



We camped at Association Island. It's an island in Lake Ontario connected by a causeway to the mainland. Originally it was owned by General Electric and used as a conference center. About 4 years ago, it was turned into a campground. It still needs some work done to the campsites but the scenery is beautiful. You can see Lake Ontario from any place on the island. Here are a few pictures that I took.

This is the campsite we had. I took this Monday morning and a lot of people had left already.

They have quite a few sites that are right on the water. We were one row back but this shows one of the waterfront sites.


Here is Alek enjoying the view. He attended Oswego State University which is also on the shores of Lake Ontario and spent many hours on the lake.


And, finally, this is a picture of a trailer heading across the causeway to the mainland.


It was nice to get out for the first camping trip. We did not appreciate the annoying little bugs that swarmed everything in sight. Fortunately they didn't bite but they were everywhere!

I have been knitting a lot lately. And even finished a few things. Mainly little things but they do count. I'll post again soon about our trip to Rochester this past weekend.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile, so I'm very late commenting on this post. Great job on the socks, and thanks for all the gorgeous pictures. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

WOW! What a great vacation...and that's not a "camper!" That's a luxury home on wheels!!!
(oh, yup, I'm jealous!)
And the socks are great, too! lol
(((hugs)))

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Indigo said...

Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home