Monday, May 19, 2008

Harmony...

I finally worked out the sleeve decreases on the hooded baby sweater. One sleeve is done and I hope to finish the other one today. I can't wait to be done with it!

In other knitting news, I finished two more chemo hats.




The one on the left is the diagonal rib hat in Plymouth Encore Colorspun. I'm afraid it might be a little large for her but I hope the rib pattern makes it wearable. The hat on the left is just a plain stockinette hat made in Bernat Denim Style in Canvas. The acrylic/cotton blend of this yarn makes for a very soft, cushy hat. I hope it will be worn a lot. That's all the chemo hats I'm making for a while.


Now I want to concentrate on socks for a while. I have a lot of sock yarn and I'd like to use up a bunch. Plus I like wearing handmade socks.



And the reason I have so much sock yarn is stores like Little Knits have sales and I can't pass up the deals!

I received these three sock yarns last week.



Top left is Trekking (XXL) #132 (plum, blueberry, raspberry cream cake). I don't have many blue sock yarns so I thought I'd give this one a try.


Then we have OnLine Supersocke 100 Holiday Color #998 (red with green, blue, yellow and pink). This sock yarn is destined to be birthday socks for a good friend. Her birthday is two days before mine at the end of June.


And finally we have Classic Elite Alpaca Sox in #1877 "Classic Pinstripe"(shades of gray). This yarn is going to be made into a pair of socks for Scott's birthday at the end of September. They will be the first pair of socks I've made for him. He has a pair of commercially-made alpaca socks and loves them so I thought I'd try making him a pair to see if they are as well liked.

Oh, and I may have "accidently" ordered another skein of sock yarn in blues from an Etsy dyer that I found on Ravelry. I should receive that yarn in the next few days and I'll show you a picture and give all the details.

One reason I named this post "Harmony" is because the baby sweater is progressing and I'm not so cranky. The other reason is I'm using Knit Picks Harmony double pointed needles for my current socks-in-progress. I love these needles!! They are so smooth that the yarn moves very easily. The points are nice and sharp and, best of all, they don't bend when I use them even though they are wood. At no time do I feel like I'm going to snap one in half.



Right now I have them in 2.50 mm (US 1 1/2) and 3.0 mm (US 2 1/2). I am debating whether I want to order the whole set or just a couple more individual sets. Either way, I am ordering more of these double points.

Okay, that's enough for now. I don't have to work today but I do have to get some housecleaning done. Bathrooms - yuck!

4 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Wow that is some sock yarn! I'm glad the Harmony needles are making such a difference in your knitting. I love them personally and ordered two sets of each type. I'm also happy you figured out the whole sleeve decrease thing. It is so nice when a pattern comes together! :)

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

LOTSA sock yarn! And I LOVE Little Knits!
(and Harmonys too doncha know?)
(((Hugs)))

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

You've been busy! I love your sock yarn collection. :o) I loved my Harmony needles, too (size 2.5mm) but after using them to knit a pair of gloves and one pair of socks, those lovely pointy tips split right down the middle! The yarn kept getting caught in those cracks. Now I just keep them to look at...

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Are you sure you don't want to try socks on a CSM "Circular Sock Knitting Machine"? You'd have this yarn used up quickly and could buy more - grinning widely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home