Thursday, August 07, 2008

Sneaky scarf

I'm supposed to be knitting socks so how did a scarf sneak in here?



The scarf is here because I'm getting a little tired of knitting socks. Plus, I found this yarn on clearance at JoAnn's Fabrics last Saturday. It's Reminiscence by Debbie Mumm in the Moss colorway. I wanted a mindless pattern so I cast on 27 stitches and am just doing a simple seed stitch. I like it so far.

Each skein has something like 85 yards and I only bought 3 skeins so I'm afraid it's going to be a little short. I would go back and get more but we are leaving on vacation on Sunday and I'm not sure I have time to get up there. If I have the trailer packed, I might sneak up on Saturday.

I posted three different socks-in-progress in my last post and what socks am I working on right now? Why this pair, course.



Regia 6 Crazy Colors on US 2.5 (3 mm)needles. The first sock was started Sunday and I have 2 inches left on the foot and then the toe. They are knitting up so much faster than any of the other socks I have going. I just need to finish one pair of adult socks and then I'll go back to the others.

Here is the photo of the finished toddler socks that I finished for my July SAM 6 socks.



They will probably go to charity.

And one more FO picture to post. I made a chemo hat for the 16 year old daughter of my dog's groomer. She is in remission right now which is a good thing.



I made the Utopia Hat by Smariek in Lion Brand Cotton Ease. I love the bright pink color. My hat model is a flower vase turned upside-down which is the reason it's a strange head shape.

That's it for now. As I said earlier, I am going to be gone next week and there isn't any wi-fi at the campground so I'll be a little quiet. Unless, of course, I find someplace with free wi-fi. Then you might here from me.

(8/8/08 - edited to resize pictures)

3 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

Hi! Your pink hat looks like a good match for the Log Cabin socks...in both color and pattern. Everything you've got going on looks fabulous. Enjoy!

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Nice job on the hat, both the knitting and the color! Am enjoying your blog, and all the wonderful photos.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Shutterbug Knitter said...

I love the Utopia hat! Too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home