Saturday, May 24, 2008

FO's, new projects, and new yarn

The title says it all. I have pictures of two finished projects, two new projects, and a new sock yarn.

First the finished projects. The first one is the Hooded Baby Tunic in Bernat Denim Style.



The ends are woven in, the little basketball button is sewn on, and it's been washed and dried. I'll take it to church with me tomorrow and hope that Nancy is there so I can give it to her. Not my favorite project but it's done.

Next are the plain stockinette socks made using OnLine Supersocke 100 in the Hiking-Color #968 on US 1 1/2 (2.50mm) double points. They were started back in the middle of October and should have been done long ago.



They are posing on a bed of forget-me-nots. Our gardens are loaded with forget-me-nots every spring and they are so pretty!

Next we have the two new projects that I have started. The first is the Branching Out Scarf in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool #12 which is a pretty rose color.



I've wanted to make this scarf for quite a while but haven't yet. This will be a long term project as I don't think I'll work on it exclusively. It would be nice to get it done in time to give as a Christmas gift but it's no big deal if it isn't done in time.

The second new project that I started is a pair of Sweet Socks using Cherry Tree Hill "Sockittome" in the Cherry Blossom colorway.



These are going to be a birthday present for Sue. Her birthday is two days before mine at the end of June. I shouldn't have a problem finishing them in time.
The pattern has two little cables running up the sides of the sock and it's super easy to do. The yarn is so soft and great to work with, too.

And finally we have the latest skein of sock yarn that I received in the mail.



It's a skein of Fuse from Blue Hand Fibers in superwash merino. The color is really a little darker than the picture shows and feels wonderful. It's going to make a great pair of socks!

And now dinner is ready so I have to run. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

4 Comments:

At 2:14 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

Yay on finishing the hooded baby sweater! I know how happy you must feel to be done with it. Everything else looks great, too. Love the new yarn.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Wow! I adore that baby sweater! Everything else is cool, too, but that sweater is adorable.
(((hugs)))

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

HI! Yes, recommend Anne of Knitspot's Star of Evening shawl - it's really an easy knit, and using fingering makes up very quickly!
Have fun making this for your niece, and thanks for stopping by to say hi!
(((hugs)))

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I love that baby sweater...I mean I adore the socks and the scarf will be really pretty...but that sweater is just so cute! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home