Friday, May 29, 2009

May Flower Socks

Don't you just love it when you finish up a UFO? I started these socks last July. I even finished the first one in July but then they were set aside for who knows what? When the May sock theme for the Sock-A-Month KAL was flower patterns, I pulled them out and finished them up!




Pattern: Pretty Petals by Jeannie Townsend
Yarn: Noelle's Noodles Merino in Candy Rock
Needles: US 1 1/2 (2.5 mm)dpns

Every time I see the colors of this yarn, I'm reminded of the candy lilies that grow in the front garden. Don't they look similar?

Candy Lily

And here are the last four dishcloths that I made for Ariane.



Modified Fan and Feather in Buttercream

Waffle Knit in Peppermint Twist


Waffle Knit in Strawberry Creme


Garter Rib in American Stripes

I love the Waffle Knit pattern and just finished another one this morning using some Bernat Handicrafter Cotton. It's going to the Friends of the Ilion Library for their fund-raiser table. The library is where my knitting group meets and we donate knitted and crocheted things for them to sell. The money collected goes for improvements to the library. I'm going to make a couple more for them. The one I'm working on right now is Peaches & Creme "Daisy Ombre" which is a bright, cheery yellow/white ombre.

I'm working on a few other things that I hope I will be able to post finished pictures of soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home