Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Vacation, sort of.

Scott and I are on vacation - sort of. We are camping at the Canandaigua KOA which is about 1/2 hour from Ariane and Mike's new house. I'm sitting at the campground with the dog doing a little knitting and playing on the computer. Scott is at Ariane's installing a new heating and air conditioning system. I definitely have the better end of this deal. We got here yesterday and will leave next Monday. At the end of the week, Scott will take a day or so to enjoy himself. He doesn't think he'll get everything done that needs doing so we'll be back out for a few days later in the summer.

Here's some knitting that I have been doing. These are the two dishcloths I made for the Friends of the Library to sell.



Nothing special especially if you read my previous posts about dishcloths.

Then we have a little baby sweater. It's the Dapper pattern from Leisure Arts #3202 "Precious Layettes". I usually make the "Little Lamb" pattern from this book but wanted a change. I used Premier Yarns "Deborah Norville Serenity Sport" in pink and white on size 7 needles. It's a newborn size. I need to sew the buttons on and make something to go with it - hat, socks, booties. I haven't decided which yet.


Next we have my latest pair of socks.



Just a plain stockinette pair using Fortissima Socka "Disco" in light blues. There is a sparkly thread that runs through these socks but it's hard to photograph. Maybe if you click on the picture, you can see it a little.

And here's a single sock that I finished.



This is a simple 2 x 2 ribbing in OnLine Supersocke "Tropic" #931. I started this sock in June of 2008 and finally finished it June of 2009. I hope the second sock doesn't take me a year to finish. I have almost 3" of the 4 1/2" cuff done.

Now I'm working on my first Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann. I've had the pattern for several years but haven't made on yet. Some of us in my weekly knitting group decided to do this pattern as a KAL. We started June 30th. It's about two-thirds done. So I plan on posting a completed picture the next time I post.

That's it from me for now. Who knows, I may even post again before the end of the week.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger AmyS said...

Everything looks great! You sure have been busy. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home