Saturday, July 23, 2005

Vacation time!


We're off on a week's camping trip to Lake Placid. We leave this afternoon and will be back on the 31st. I can't wait even though neither of the kids can make it. Here are a couple pictures of our travel trailer.



I guess I should say we're going RV'ing because the trailer has all the amenities of home.



I even have a microwave! The only thing missing is the dishwasher. Oh, wait, that would be me!


On the knitting front, Danette at God's Tiny Angels has issued a baby sweater challenge for the month of August. She asked that each of the 140 some people on the list make at least one baby sweater during August. With fall rapidly approaching (wahh!), she wants to be able to outfit as many babies as possible with at least one warm sweater. I have a Precious Layettes pattern #1 on the needles. It's in mint green with a shiny white thread running through it. I hope to have the sweater, a hat, and booties done by the time I get back. And I am bringing yarn to start a couple more if time permits. The lifesaver afghan and several other projects are coming, too.

I guess Lake Placid has a yarn shop that I missed the last couple times I was there. Sue and I will certainly find it this trip! I know I don't need anymore yarn but who cares. Everyone needs an obsession.

I picked out 5 names at random from the Fiber RAOK! database. They are from all parts of the country. While in Lake Placid, I intend to pick up some little souvenirs to send out. I love sending people presents!

Well, I still have food and clothing to get packed before we can leave this afternoon so this post is done. See you all in a week!

4 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your vacation, Lake Placid sounds terrific, bring back many pictures. ;)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Creative Genius? said...

Oh Lake Placid is one of my FAVORITE places in the entire world!! I used to figure skate and I've done many a competitions there and even trained there in the summer!! I just love it! Have a TERRIFIC TIME!!!

-Alison
http://couldbefun.blogspot.com
alreillygator@yahoo.com
RAOK

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

You can get tiny little countertop dishwashers. LOL Those RV's have nicer cupboards than some homes! Really can't be called "camping", can it? Have a blast! Looks like you're having nice weather.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Deb said...

That you Sue for the wonderful card! It was so sweet of you to think of me.
I hope you are having a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home