Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I love sunshine!

It's really cold out there but the sun is shining so I'm happy.

I spent most of Sunday and Monday putting the dining room back together. It's looking pretty good.




We ordered an area rug and curtains Sunday. The curtains are on their way but the rug will take up to two weeks. We've been using the table and chairs but are very careful how we move the chairs across the floor.

It's really nice to have the living room back in order, too. I still have a couple piles of yarn to sort and put away but it doesn't look like a used furniture store anymore.

Here's a shot of the old dining room colors. They looked nice once but not any longer. It was definitely time for an update.




My Knitting 4 Children group was having a knitting blitz this weekend to see if we could get the donation numbers up. I fully intended to get some major bootie knitting done but this is all I accomplished



Dining room stuff took precedence. I will continue working on getting more booties done, though. The green booties are made from Patons Astra. The pastel ones are made from Cascade Kaleidoscope D.K. I love this yarn! It's 55% nylon, 45% acrylic and soooo soft. The new LYS I need to write about carries it. I'm going to buy more of this for my charity knitting. A skein of 190 yards is $3.70. I should be able to get at least 2 pairs of booties from one skein.

The new LYS I keep mentioning is The Pincushion Patch in Little Falls. It's located on the second floor of the Antiques Center on Canal Place. The official address is Shops @ 25 West, 2nd floor in the Antique Center, 25 West Mill Street, Little Falls, NY. I don't have time to go into much detail right now but if you are in the vicinity, stop in. There is Cascade 220, Cascade 128, Patons Classic Merino, Lopi, Berella 4 and more. The shops are open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 7 days a week.

I have to run. Tuesday starts my work week and I need to get moving so I can get there.

3 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

What a pretty room! I love your dining table and chairs. Everything looks so fresh, and I'm sure you're enjoying it!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

I love the way your dining room is coming together! Cant wait to see it completed with curtains and rug.

I love those booties.

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue! I'm the owner of the Pincushion Patch. Thanks so much for mentioning the shop- you wrote really great directions. It can be a bit tricky for new visitors to find. Hope to see you down at the shop soon!
Alice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home