Thursday, September 13, 2007

It's looking a little more like love...

I think I could really like knitting socks if I keep trying it. Using Brittany size US 2 1/2 (3.0 mm) birch needles and some Regia 6 "Crazy Colors" (color 5404)that was marinating in my stash, I cast on the Easy Sock Pattern from the apparently defunct Oz Yarns. I wanted to try it because it uses a "no wrap" short row heel.

Well, the short row heel was not looking quite right so I ripped it out and did a normal heel flap and gusset. Except that I didn't make the heel flap long enough and ended up ripping it back again. Third time's a charm and I have one finished sock! Even the toe grafting went well. And I did that in the truck on the way back from our weekend in Lake Placid.



I love the colors in this yarn! I was a little concerned because I managed to pick the one spot in the striping that only shows up every 9" or so. But I found it with very little trouble in the skein I picked to start the second sock. The cuff is done on the second sock and I'm moving into the leg.

The first sock took a little over one skein of the Regia which makes me happy that I have bought 3 skeins of it.

Back when we were in New Hampshire, I promised to take a full view picture of the marketplace where Patternworks is located. And now I'm finally posting it.



There is quite a bit more to the building but the end part is Patternworks with Keepsake Quilts next to it under the porch roof.

Now I'd like to respond to a couple of comments that were posted recently.

Sue Rowal asked if we ate at Hart's Turkey Farm while in New Hampshire. Yes, we had lunch there one day and it was very tasty! They even had a veggie sandwich for my vegetarian husband.

Sheryl (Bibliocat) wanted to know if the Hugs N Kisses ponchettes are for the twins or for dolls. Well, they are for the twins (who are just one year old) but eventually they can use them for their dolls. The pattern is from Creative Knitting Magazine July 2005.

That's it for now. I have to get ready to head to the hospital soon. My mother is having a heart catherization today to see if there is a blockage or narrowing of one of the arteries. Hopefully, she won't need angioplasty. Please keep her in your prayers and thoughts.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great sock! They really are addictive. Prayers are being sent and a big *hug*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home