Thursday, October 04, 2007

Ravelry and knitting stuff

Yep, I made it into Ravelry last week. I've been poking around the site, signing up for groups and putting in some of my stash and projects. I have most of my books listed. I didn't realize I had so many. I entered 65 and that's not all of them. It's a great site. I'm Suefaye over there if you want to add me as a friend.

I finished up some mittens for the Cheyenne River Reservation. I wanted to get 7 pairs done but only managed to finish 3 pairs.



Donna had made 3 pairs for me to send to them, too. Don't you love the embroidered flowers on the pink pair!



I bought a baby earflap hat pattern while on the Cape. The son of a friend just became a father for the first time so I made one for his new son.



The pattern is the Sakonnet Bonnet from Designs by Louise. I started it Thursday afternoon while on the Cape and finished it on the first leg of the trip home on Saturday. It was a nice, quick knit. I used Plymouth Encore in denim marl and white.

Now I'm trying to get a pair of socks done to go with the hat. I'm finally past the gussets on the first one. I ripped the heel out twice - once because I made it on the front of the sock and once because the flap wasn't long enough. Hopefully the second one will go more smoothly.

3 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Just one pair shy of the goal you had in mind. 3 is good. Maybe more mittens are beng donated and they only needed 3 from you this year.

How excited are you about Ravelry? Im afraid if I sign up, it will become my life. I will have to live at my computer. Maybe once the chaos has ended over it, than I might join. MAYBE.

The earflap hat is too cute!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

So cute and for a great cause! :)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger AmyS said...

Your mittens and hat are great! Last year, I didn't make the mitten challenge, either. This year, I didn't knit even one pair. Maybe next year, eh?

Are you having fun at Ravelry? From everything I've heard, it's a real time-consumer. As christine said, I'd be afraid I'd never get anything else done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home