Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Someone stop me!

I keep buying sock yarn! Here is a picture of sock yarn that I've purchased in the past month.



There's two different colors of Crystal Palace "Panda Wool", Cascade "Sassy Stripes", Lana Grossa "Meilenweit", Regia 4, and Opal "Herbstmelodie" handpainted. I started out looking for a self-striping yarn that was mostly red to make a pair of socks for a friend. She liked the Moda Dea "Sassy Stripes" sock that I hated working on. I suppose I could just suck it up and make the second sock but I really don't care for the yarn.

The first Panda Wool I bought is Lacquer Red. But I foolishly only bought one skein. When I went back to the Little Knits site, I saw they have a $25.00 minumum. Oh, what a shame! So I bought one more skein of the Lacquer Red, two skeins of Red Cinnamon, and a Dale of Norway book. The previous order (when I bought the first Panda Wool) was also when I bought the Opal and the Meilenweit. The Cascade "Sassy Stripes" I purchased at a LYS. That's why it isn't in a shade of red. The Regia was purchased when we were in Lake Placid two weekends ago.

Heaven knows I don't need any more sock yarn. I have enough in my stash to make probably 20 pairs of socks. It's just all so pretty! Now all I have to do is knit it into socks. I'm thinking of making each of my sisters a pair for their birthdays. That would mean one pair in November, two pairs in December (the 8th and 31st) and one pair in June. I might be able to do that.

I'm on the foot of the second Crazy Color sock. The foot always seems to take sooo long to finish. I should have these done in plenty of time to count as my September socks in the Sock A Month KAL 4.

Update on Mom - the catherization went well and the doctor said you could drive a truck through her arteries because they were so clear. Unfortunately, after the procedure, she went into atrial fibrillation. She had to stay overnight in the hospital so they could get her heart rate regulated. She's doing okay now but she has two new medicines to take every day. Thanks for all good thoughts.

We leave Saturday for our annual trip to Cape Cod. The house we rented this year is only 50 yards from Barnstable Harbor. I can't wait to go! There is wi-fi at the house so I'll be able to post pictures while we are there. Both of Scott's brothers and his oldest sister and all their spouses are going. That means 4 couples in the house. Usually we have 3 couples. This may prove interesting.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Windyridge said...

Who can blame ya for buying socks yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home