Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hat Attack!

I participated in Hat Attack! this past weekend. The pattern is called the Binary Cable hat. I made it from Patons Classic Merino wool in the color "New Denim".



I started it around 11 a.m. on Saturday morning and finished it Sunday afternoon. It shouldn't have taken me that long but I had a couple of false starts and then life got in the way. It's a fun pattern to knit but I'm not sure I want to do another one very soon.

The object of Hat Attack! is to knit a hat to send to your target before your assassin can send a completed hat to you. This hat was mailed on Monday morning and is awaiting pickup in Baltimore as of this morning. So my target will be dead but my assassin emailed that she finished her hat and will probably be sending it today. So I won't be in the game much longer. But it was fun.

I did what most of you will think is a very silly thing. I gave up buying anything related to knitting for Lent. That means no yarn, needles, books, magazines, etc. It's going to drive me nuts!

I knew a few days before Lent that I would probably do this so I went online and ordered two skeins of sock yarn. That was so I would have some yarn arrive after Lent began and I'd have something to drool over.

This first skein is Dream in Color Smooshy in the color "Giant Peach". Doesn't it look very peachy? Mmmm!



I ordered it from Sonny and Shear. Nice fast service. I ordered it on 2/5/08 and it arrived on 2/11/08.

And this pretty, pretty yarn is Noelle's Noodles in "Candy Rock". I ordered this one from eat.sleep.knit on 2/6/08 and it arrived with the Smooshy.




So I now have two yummy sock yarns to pet and fondle and plan what I'm going to knit out of them. Lent is going to go soooo slowly!

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

I think that giving up knitting-related purchases for Lent is actually pretty cool. It will be hard, but you can do it! I love both of your new sock yarns. I just got a sample of Smooshy with the pink Opal I just bought - it is sooo soft! I don't know how it will hold up as socks, but I am sure I want to knit a scarf or shawl from it!

Your hat is pretty, too. I love cables.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home