Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Winter again?!


Last week was a wonderful summer week. Sunshine, warm temperatures, blue skies. But if you live in central New York, wait a minute and the weather will change. Today there is sunshine and blue skies but there's also a chance of snow flurries in the higher elevations. It's a bit nippy out there.

ETA: Forget higher elevations! I looked out the window five minutes ago and saw this frozen rain/sleet stuff falling from the sky. It has already stopped and melted. Crazy weather!

Monday it rained all day. I didn't mind too much since we really needed the rain and because I went outlet shopping in Waterloo with three of my four sisters. (My other sister lives in North Carolina.) We had a lot of fun. And bought quite a bit of stuff. I bought 2 blouses and a pair of capris at Van Heusen, a long sleeved blouse and a sweater at Eddie Bauer, a pair of black clogs at Clarks Bostonian, two saucepans and a beer bottle carrier (for Alek) at Le Gourmet Chef, two citronella candles and a car freshener at Yankee Candle, and a 6" Calphalon chef's knife at The Cook's Store. We had stopped at a truck stop when we got off the Thruway for gas and potty break and found pamphlets that offered free VIP coupon books for the outlets. At almost every store we shopped at, we got at least 10% off our total purchase including sale prices. That made it really nice.

On the drive out, my youngest sister told us all about my niece's labor and delivery. Yep, the baby was born on Sunday. She is beautiful! After debating for a day and a half, they named her Cecelia Angelina. Now I want to knit more baby things!

And on the knitting front, I offer you these pictures. The first is a progress picture of the Hooded Baby Tunic in Bernat Denimstyle. The body is done and I'm working on the hood. I took the picture yesterday morning and then worked on it at my knitting group last night so I have 4 3/4" of the 7" done.



I know it isn't the clearest picture but this yarn is really busy. I have to fix the little jog in the front where the rounds started. I wove the end in quick and did a terrible job. Luckily, I didn't cut the yarn off so I have plenty to use.

Here are my April SAM KAL 5 socks.



A pair of toddler socks in Patons Classic Wool "Harvest" on size US 5 dpns. These will go to Children-in-Common for the Russian orphanages. I have another pair started in Patons Classic Wool #247 which is left over from the hat I made Alek in the beginning of the winter. The ball band doesn't tell me the name of the colorway on this skein. I also bought another skein of this yarn in Wedgewood. The current sock challenge goes until the end of May and it will interest me to see how many pairs I actually get done.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger AmyS said...

Wow, I can't believe you had some snow - or almost snow! I hope you have gorgeous warm but pleasant weather for the next while. Love your socks and sweater. And what a lovely outing with your sisters! You're very lucky. :o)

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Snow?!? Your socks are lovely! Congrats on the new baby in the family! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home