Thursday, April 17, 2008

More April knitting

Here is another picture of the Christmas stocking. I like the angle of this one better. The stocking measured 20" long.



My current project is a chemo hat. I was talking to a former neighbor at the shower and she mentioned that her aunt is undergoing chemo and lost her hair. She said she didn't know anyone who could make her a hat. So I decided I would make one.



The pattern is Cable Knit Cap 11 and I making it in Gedifra Fashion Trend Color in color #4512. The pattern is easy but it's not going as fast as I would like. I probably have two more cable repeats and then the decreases.

I started the baby sweater for Nancy's grandson. The pattern I'm using is Knitting Pure and Simples Baby Tunic #211 and I'm making it in Bernat's Denimstyle in the navy/white marl. It's not too far along because I decided to get the chemo hat done first. But as soon as the hat is done, I'll start working on it again.

The third project I have going (I seem to work in threes) is a pair of toddler socks in Patons Classic Merino in the Harvest colorway for the Children-in-Common yahoo group. I don't remember the exact URL so I'll have to post it later. These little socks will be sent to Russia for the children in the orphanages there. I hope to get some other pairs made as well.

And now it's time to get ready for work. It's going to be a gorgeous day here with the temperature getting up to 75 degrees F. Maybe spring has finally arrived!

3 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Ruinwen said...

Yay Spring! I love the gradual color changes on that chemo hat! :)

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Gingerbread said...

Hi,
I like your christmas stocking, I'm not that clever with pattern's like that yet. The chemo hat is nice to, your not the only one who likes three projects on the go it's great isn't it.
from thegingerbread-knitter

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger monica said...

I love the Christmas Stocking it is beautiful. As is the Chemo hat, I love the colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home