Thursday, April 17, 2008

More April knitting

Here is another picture of the Christmas stocking. I like the angle of this one better. The stocking measured 20" long.



My current project is a chemo hat. I was talking to a former neighbor at the shower and she mentioned that her aunt is undergoing chemo and lost her hair. She said she didn't know anyone who could make her a hat. So I decided I would make one.



The pattern is Cable Knit Cap 11 and I making it in Gedifra Fashion Trend Color in color #4512. The pattern is easy but it's not going as fast as I would like. I probably have two more cable repeats and then the decreases.

I started the baby sweater for Nancy's grandson. The pattern I'm using is Knitting Pure and Simples Baby Tunic #211 and I'm making it in Bernat's Denimstyle in the navy/white marl. It's not too far along because I decided to get the chemo hat done first. But as soon as the hat is done, I'll start working on it again.

The third project I have going (I seem to work in threes) is a pair of toddler socks in Patons Classic Merino in the Harvest colorway for the Children-in-Common yahoo group. I don't remember the exact URL so I'll have to post it later. These little socks will be sent to Russia for the children in the orphanages there. I hope to get some other pairs made as well.

And now it's time to get ready for work. It's going to be a gorgeous day here with the temperature getting up to 75 degrees F. Maybe spring has finally arrived!

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Yay Spring! I love the gradual color changes on that chemo hat! :)

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger monica said...

I love the Christmas Stocking it is beautiful. As is the Chemo hat, I love the colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home