Friday, February 15, 2008

February Frog socks

I finally finished this pair of socks! They were started in May 2007. I knit them to the heel flap and they were set down. In July, I was working on them while coming home from a camping trip and did the heel wrong. I ripped them back to the heel flap and they sat in time out until October. I redid the heel, worked the gusset and they were set down yet again. I finally picked them up this month and decided to finish as my Sock A Month KAL 5 socks.




I call them my February Frog socks because of the froggy green stripes.

Pattern: Yankee Knitter Designs "Classic Socks for the family"
Yarn: Online Supersocke 6-fach Winter #882
Needles: US 2 (2.75 mm) Chia Goo bamboos
Leg was knit in k2, p2 ribbing.

I plan on starting the Ripple Socks from "Not Just More Socks" by Sandi Rosner. I'm using Plymouth "Sockotta" in color #5618. I haven't actually cast on for these yet but I plan to tomorrow.

As far as Hat Attack! goes, I am still alive. I haven't heard anything from my assassin since her initial post. I could still be alive next week. Pretty cool.

3 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger AmyS said...

I love these! Good for you for finally finishing them. :o) I would probably never choose these colors, and that's a shame because the socks really look great.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great color scheme...all full of spring...I can almost here the peepers singing. :)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Happy Easter and all things chocolate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home