Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hmm...

I can't think of a title for this post. That's okay, it's going to be a short one.

I'm sure you're wondering why I'm posting a picture of a Christmas stocking in April. I mean, the snow is gone and the weather is getting warm and sunny. This stranded Christmas stocking was a shower gift for my niece, Tara.



I made started it during Lent so I had to use yarn from my stash. (I gave up buying any knitting supplies during Lent.) This is made from Lion Brand Wool Ease in cranberry and off white. I used the "Mix-and-Match Socks" pattern from the book "Knit Christmas Stockings!" (It's the book that's shaped like a stocking.)

For the most part, I enjoyed knitting this stocking although I wasn't too crazy about the toe decreases. I did them according to the pattern but if I make another one, I'll just do regular sock toe decreases. And, instead of the afterthought heel, I would probably do a heel flap and gusset.

Tara really seemed to like it. I knew that my sister, Michelle, was making her a baby blanket and that her great grandmother, Mary, (who is in my knitting group)was making her a baby sweater so I wanted to do something a little different. The stocking seemed like fun. I'll make the baby a sweater that she can wear in the fall.

I'll post more pictures later. I'm at work and this is the only one I have on this computer. Now I probably should get back to work. Ugh!

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Really cute stocking! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home