Thursday, May 08, 2008

Cranky knitting

Have you ever had a project that you had to finish and it wasn't going as well as you hoped? That's how this sweater project is going for me.

I finished the body and the hood and moved onto the sleeves. And totally could not figure out how the pattern wanted me to do the decreases. I started the first one and was muddling through but not having clear cut instructions was making me very cranky. Finally I searched through my pattern books and found another knit-from-the-top-down sweater and looked at those sleeve instructions.

Bingo! Now I see where I was confused. But, is my first sleeve so wrong that I have to rip it back? I decided to start the second sleeve and see if there is a noticeable difference.



So far I don't think I have to do any ripping. The first sleeve is the one to the left. It looks okay. Now I just have to buckle down and finish the d**n thing!

I received a lovely thank you note for the chemo hat I gave to my friend's aunt. She said that she had another hat but it was a little large and mine fit beautifully. The next day I talked to Lynn and she said how much her aunt liked the hat and mentioned that she would love one in white and one in pink. I can do that!



I looked through my stash and found this Plymouth Encore Colorspun #7065. I love the colors in this yarn! The pattern is Kat LeFevre's Diagonal Rib Hat and can be found on her website Creative Popoffs.

This pattern is easy to remember and fun to do. Once this hat is done, I'll make a plain white one for her.

After I finish these projects, I am not doing any "have to" knitting for a while. Well, except for my SAM KAL. And since I want to concentrate on making socks, that will work out perfectly!

Spring has returned and everyone is hoping that this time it's here for good. The leaves are all out and flowers are everywhere. We have 3 crabapple trees in the side yard and this is the first year in quite a while that the blossoms are just gorgeous. The grass is pretty happy, too.




I am sitting on the patio writing this entry and while it's a little cool and cloudy, I don't care. It feels good to be outside enjoying the day. The goldfinches, cat bird,and a dozen other varieties of birds are singing to me. In fact, it's quite noisy out here. But all things must come to an end and now I have to get ready for work. Later!

2 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger AmyS said...

Your photos are beautiful! I think the sweater will be wonderful when it is done. I think you mentioned that it is a Knitting Pure & Simple pattern - it looks like one I have. I know who to ask if I have trouble with it when I get around to trying it. ;o)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Such beautiful trees contrast so to your knitting woes. I feel for your distress. Hopefully the mojo will return because it is such a cute hoodie. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home