Sunday, September 04, 2005

Oops!

I've been rather neglectful here. I blame it on all the Yahoo groups I'm in. By the time I get done reading all my emails, I don't feel like posting here. Guess I'll have to do something about that. But it's hard to decide which ones to leave. I do know that I'm in too many charity groups again and, much as I hate to do it, I'm going to quit one or two. I just can't keep up.

I have been knitting and crocheting lately but I'm mostly doing my start one item, get half way through it and then start something else thing. I did get three baby sweaters sent to God's Tiny Angels for the August challenge. One was the mint green one I posted a picture of and the other two were crocheted. I have a picture of one but I haven't taken it off the digital yet.

Yarn Yoga is having a charity challenge for hats, mittens and scarves for kids age 6-12 for a battered women's shelter in Maryland. I had made one 2 needle mitten a while ago and am almost finished with the second one for this challenge. These are easy for me to do so I hope to get quite a few made. I only got three 9"x7" blocks made for the Warm Up America challenge that was last month and I'd like to do better with this one.

I have a hat made from Lopi almost done, too. This is going to Afghans for Afghans. Their deadline is Sept. 26th. I don't know if I'll get any more than this made for them or not.

And now with the horrors of Hurricane Katrina, I'm trying to make face cloths to send to the refugees. There is a Yahoo group for this and I'll post the link later. Actually, I'll probably put the button on my sidebar.

I don't have the time to write anymore now so I'll try to post all the links and some pictures tomorrow or the next day. At least I got an entry in today.

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Sue:
Could you please let me know what Yahoo group is doing the face cloth charity? I would be greatly interested.

Thanks
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home