Friday, April 07, 2006

Spring is coming, right?

After a few teasingly warm days, it's back to typical central NY weather - cold! I know spring will get here but why does it have to take so long?!

Last weekend we went to Rochester to move Ariane into a new apartment. I decided that it was time to finish the cabled slippers for her friends. Well, I got two of the four pairs done by the time we got there. This is Mel's pair all done.



And this is Ashley's pair shown in progress. I did get them done on the two hour ride to Rochester.



The girls both loved them. Now I have to do some for Kelly and Kate.

The move went very smoothly and Ariane, Ashley, and Kelly have a beautiful place to live.

Last night I went to the library knitting group and finished up some baby booties for charity.



These booties will be sent to Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester to their children's hospital. I think it's called the Golisano Children's Hospital. I want to get a few more baby sets done for here. Strong Memorial is where my father went to get a liver transplant (unfortunately, he died before he could get one), and Ariane was there twice - once when she had the blood clot in her lung and then to have her knee operated on. I have a connection to this hospital so I'm donating to them.

I just realized that there are only 4 pairs of booties here. I thought I had 5 pairs done. Hmm, I wonder if I'm crazy or a pair is missing? I think I only finished 4. And I'm pretty sure I'm crazy.

And that's the story for today.

5 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

ROFL!

I feel your pain. I'm crazy too, although I blame all of that on my Mom. Those booties are just too cute. May I ask where you got the pattern from?

Thanks!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The slippers came out really nice! So many booties...I was happy when I got my one done! You are amazing!

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Sue said...

The pattern is from Sirdar leaflet #3998. It's my favorite bootie pattern. It has a couple really cute hats, too.

It's a very easy pattern which is why I can do several pairs at a time. I don't really think I'm amazing but thanks.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Mariella said...

I just love those slippers! What book were they from? I have Knitting In The Round, but I cannot find the pattern in my copy. Page #?

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Bianca said...

I love these little booties. And they find a good cause in the hospital to keep baby feet warm. (I linked through using the link at yarnyoga)

Warm regards, Bianca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home