Wednesday, January 17, 2007

6 Weird Things...

I was tagged by Bianca to answer the "6 weird things about me" meme. I almost forgot to do it but here are my answers -

1. I have double-jointed thumbs. They bend in at the joint. Very annoying when they bend in unexpectedly and you are holding a hot cup of coffee. Believe me, I know.



2. My hands are very long. They measure 7 3/4" from the base of my palm to the tip of my middle finger.

3. I hate monkeys. They creep me out.

4. I hate the feel of microsuede.

5. I love to visit cemetaries and read the headstones.

6. I can float in water for a very long time without getting tired.

I'm not tagging anyone for this meme but feel free to answer it if you so desire.

I finally finished the scarf for the Red Scarf Project for Orphans.



I used one skein of Plymouth Encore (lost the band so I don't have the color), cast on 28 stitches and did a k2, p2 rib until the skein was gone. You can see how much yarn I had left from the little ends that aren't woven in yet. It was 4" wide by 58" long.

I've been trying to finish up some UFO's. The only problem is I keep finding new ones and getting distracted by them. Hopefully I'll have some FO's to report soon.

And finally I'll leave you with some pictures of the ice storm damage that we had on Monday. By the time the storm hit NY, it was pretty wimpy but we did lose power for 2 hours. And a lot of tree limbs came off the pine trees in the back yard.



If you look way to the back in this next picture, you can see a large branch that is sticking right into the ground. Good thing no one was standing under that one!



And here is Scott dragging away the elm branch that fell on his truck. Luckily, it didn't do any damage.




And that (as they say) is all the news that is the news.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That storm damage is really something. It's kind of weird to see photos of NY in January with no snow! I love your red scarf, and the way you "posed" it. I wouldn't have thought of folding a scarf over like that, but it works perfectly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home