Friday, November 03, 2006

Ahh, November!

And it begins again! This picture was taken from my front stoop a mere 30 minutes ago. Nice, huh? It started snowing around midnight and it's still going. Luckily we aren't supposed to get much accumulation. It does make me want to knit warm things, though!



I don't have any knitting pictures to post right now. I am working on two pairs of socks. One pair is on size 1 needles in fingering weight yarn and the other pair is on size 6 needles in worsted weight yarn. Quite the contrast! I'm not posting in progress picture, though, because that's a sure jinx on them.

I also have a pair of wrist warmers going and I might post a finished picture of them before the weekend is over. One is done except for the thumb and the other is done to the thumb gusset. Now I will put the gusset on a holder and finish the top. Then I'll do both thumbs and they will be finis.

In lieu of knitting pictures, I give you this yarn.



I may have posted a picture of it when I first got it but that was over a year ago so I'm showing it to you again. It's a worsted weight, hand dyed skein of merino wool from River Ridge Fiberworks in Lime Time. The yardage is listed as plus/minus 550 yards. It was a prize from Vixenpath. A link to her blog is in my sidebar.

This yarn has been popping into my mind lately. Obviously it needs to be knit up into something spectacular. The reason it hasn't been is because I don't know what to knit it into! The colors are wonderfully rich. I haven't wound it into a ball yet so I don't know how long the colors go. I don't want to make it into a scarf. Any suggestions as to what this skein of yarn could become?

4 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Bianca said...

Socks, slippers or mittens are the first things that pop in my mind. My friend in Canada also had snow - we had dull rain today :-) I like the color combination of the yarn - mint and blue combines well.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your snow looks wonderful! Sigh... I do miss East Coast weather at times (especially in Autumn and Winter).

How about making a hat with that gorgeous yarn? Would there be enough for matching wrist warmers?

I am so happy to see all the recent posts - jkeep it up! And I love your Regia socks. Wear them in good health.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off... How dare you get the nicer of the wet autumns! Just whoooo do yooooooooooou think you are?! ;o)

I love that yarn, the colors are amazing. Anything I would suggest, wouldn't do it justice. Cant wait to see what you make with it!!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Pretty yarn, but that snow...ah. I love it so. And we don't have any yet!
(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home