Thursday, January 04, 2007

First FO of 2007!

See I knew the wrist warmers were very close to being done. I finished them up this morning.



The pattern can be found here.
.

Cherry Tree Hill Potluck Wool in an unknown colorway.
Size 7 double pointed needles
I cast on 36 stitches instead of 30 because they seemed narrow.

Very easy and quick to make. There is still a lot of this wool left so I'll make something else out of it. Maybe a Calorimetry to match the wrist warmers.

I am going to try to finish up the knitting on the felted bag tonight. And hopefully make some progress on the Komi mittens. If you want to see the pattern I'm using for them, go to my January 2006 archive and scroll down to the January 18th entry. I have only done maybe 4 more rows than is shown in that photo.

I need to reply to some of the comments that were recently posted.

Amy - I am so not an expert on stranded knitting. I like doing it but I make mistakes all over the place. I know if you try it, you'll pick it up immediately.

Dee - yes, the Calorimetry is done in worsted weight wool.

Michelle - yes, it does look like lips! I have the same yarn in green. If I make another one in that color it will look like frog lips!

Thanks, Christine and Bianca for your kind words!

Okay, I'm off to do some knitting and watch my DVR of Knitty Gritty. Boy, do I love DVR!

4 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my first FO of 2007 was wristwarmers, too! Great minds think alike and all that. ;o) Yours are great.

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they look wonderful! i think you started off the year right

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger k said...

Lovely, but I've read about the weather you've been having--a knitted bikini might be more useful now! I googled "Beribboned Eyelet," and came up with your blog. You were woerking on the BE baby sweater a year ago--did you ever finish it? I've just started, and, even though I got gauge on my stockinette swatch, the back of the sweater looks to be about a size 3. Is it supposed to be so huge? Thanks for any help you can give me!
--Kathy McCormack, kmccATeskimoDOTcom

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great job on the wrist warmers! They look awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home