Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Bored, bored, bored.

I'm bored with all my current knitting projects. The k2, p2 scarf for charity is done to the half way point but I can only do so much ribbing. Plus I made a k2, p2 hat to go along with the Lusekofte Cap but I made it 1/2" too short so I have to rip it back to the decreases and redo it. I can't do more k2, p2 right now!

I need to make two more Calorimetrys but guess what? The pattern is k2, p2!! I'm not swearing off k2,p2 for life but I need a little bit of a change. I also need to sew up two pairs of booties to send out for charity by the end of the week. And I'm not even going to discuss the 3, no 4, pairs of socks that have been started lately.

I went to my knitting group last night and was all set to start a cabled headband from the book "One Skein Wonders" edited by Judith Durant. I had to start with a provisional cast on which consists of using a crochet hook and scrap yarn to put your stitches on the needle. The instructions were very clear so I had no problems with my cast on. Then I tried the pattern and it was all downhill from there. You start each row by slipping the first three stitches. Then you do your knit and purl stitches to set up the cable. Well, if you slip the first three stitches on the row, you end up pulling your yarn across these stitches to get to the knit and purl stitches. A couple of the other ladies and I discussed it and we think it is supposed to make an i-cord border on both sides. I was going to just keep knitting and see how it turned out when I realized I had lost two stitches. I didn't see where I dropped them, they were just gone. So I ripped it out and worked on the k2, p2 scarf for the rest of the time. I'll probably give the headband pattern another try sometime but not right now.

When I got home, I decided to dig out some UFO's and finish them up rather than starting another new project. The three projects I picked were the Potluck Wristers that I had started for Ariane back in October, a felted bag in Lopi, and a pair of Komi patterned mittens from "Knitting Marvelous Mittens, Ethnic Designs from Russia" by Charlene Schurch that I started last year.

So far today, I have the wristers done except for the thumbs, and I have about 12 rows and the handles left on the felted bag. I can definitely get these two projects done in the next couple of days. The mittens are a different story. I only have part of the first cuff done on them. But after doing the stranded knitting on the Lusekofte Cap, I can't wait to try it on these mittens.

So that's my knitting saga for today. No pictures because I haven't finished anything. Maybe I'll have some pictures to post before the end of the week. It will feel great to finish up some of the many UFO's I have on the needles.


At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll manage. Maybe it is wise to make a plan... and stick to it to finish your UFO's. Then as a reward you can start something new :-) BTW... I am tagging you to tell six weird things about yourself!


Post a Comment

<< Home