Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Not much Christmas knitting here!

I'm not really making much for Christmas this year. In fact I think the only thing I'm knitting as a gift is a hat for Ariane's boyfriend. I'm attempting the Lusekofte Cap from Hats On! by Charlene Schurch. Pictures are not being posted until this sucker is done! I had the ribbing and 10 rows of pattern done last night when I realized that I had dropped a stitch in the ribbing. Off to the frog pond it went! I cast on the 132 stitches again, worked one row of ribbing and realized I had another hole which I couldn't fix. So it was unraveled one more time. I think the problem is that the ribbing is k1b, p1 and I'm goofing up the k1b on the first row. This leaves me with a hole. So for the third (and hopefully last) cast on, I'm going to do the first row in a plain k1, p1 rib and will start the k1b on the second row.

Here's my latest knitting endeavors. Even though I said I wasn't doing any more hats for a while, I made another hat. Alek couldn't find the two hats I made him last year so I whipped up a new one for him. This one is a few rows shorter and he prefers it that way.



Just two shades of Woolease.

And I believe I told myself that I wasn't doing anymore charity knitting until after the holidays.

Behold! Mittens for a needy family that our church is giving gifts to this year.



I did luck out though. I made the bottom three pairs and a good friend made the top two pairs. She belongs to the same church and had these in her project basket. Perfect!

The deadline for the dishcloth swap came up way too fast so I only knit two of them and crocheted the other three. The top dishcloth is really two cloths tied together with ribbons to look like bloomers. Aren't they cute?!



And finally I'll leave you with a picture of my silly dog.



Isabella loves to sleep propped up on the little pillow on the couch. Doesn't she look comfy? And ridiculous?!!

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Why yes, we should all look so ridiculous hugging our pillows - heck she looks so comfortable! I envy her. You're completing your knitting, which is more than I can say! Happy Holidays!
(((hugs)))

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Bianca said...

Gorgeous mittens! I bet the kids will be happy with them for sure.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens are adorable.

I hear ys on your frustration with the hat for DD's boyfriend. I can't for the life of me get into the decreases on my brother's hat without creating huge ladders between DPN's AND not pulling stitches in the middle of a round tight enough, thus, creating a HOLE!!

Isabella is adorable... ridiculous or not.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Janet said...

My little dog (a Llhaso Apso) loves to lay in the crook of the arm of the couch as well. He will also roll over onto his back, hus head on the arm and his legs spread eagle. It is so adorable. Furbabies.....so much character

 

Post a Comment

<< Home