Wednesday, November 15, 2006

And we have more hats!

Apparently I like making hats. I always seem to have one on the needles. These four hats were sent off to Stand Up For Kids in Boulder, Colorado. What do you mean, they look just like the four hats I sent there last month? I just make what the kids will wear.



Here are a couple of Fruit Hats. These were donated to my Tuesday night knitting group. They raise funds for the library where we meet. Cute, huh?



I'm trying to get a baby sweater and hat set done for them, too.

I haven't made much progress on the socks I'm knitting. In addition to the boot socks and the lacy socks, I started a pair of Tabi Socks from the book Not Just More Socks by Sandi Rosner. I'm using Lion Brand Magic Stripes on size 2 needles. The Tabi socks have a split toe so you can wear them with flip flops. They are for Alek so I'm only making a 2 inch cuff. It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

The poor wrist warmers that I mentioned in my last post are at exactly the same spot they were when I posted. I forgot about them until I reread that entry. I'll have to drag them out and finish them before Thanksgiving.

I'm not sure how many things I will make for Christmas. The rate that I'm going it won't be many. I need to have 5 dishcloths knit by the end of November for an exchange I'm doing. I have two partially done.

A cold virus is running rampant through this house. Scott and Alek have it bad. I think they've gone through two boxes of Kleenex so far. I seem to have ducked it for now. I had a sore throat for a day and I have a little cough now but that's it. I hope that's all I get because they are miserable!

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Joan said...

I love the hats! I like making them too. Beware of the cold virus. My DH just gave it to me and it's a vicious one this year.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are all not feeling well.

Fruits cats are adorable. I love the orange-y variegated hat in the top photo!

Get better first, then priorotize the knitting, things will come into focus that way.

That's what I gotta do... alll the time!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

So cute! And I hope you stay well!
(((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home