Friday, October 20, 2006

A Tisket, A Tasket...

a hat that's a bushel basket!

I mailed this hat off to Rabbitch yesterday. She's collecting hats to give to needy people in Vancouver, British Columbia. Oh, the real date of this post is October 24th. I had the pictures in draft mode for a few days.


This is a better shot of the hat.



The pattern is the Bushel Basket Bonnet by Susan H. Esser and it was in my Knitting Pattern-a-Day calendar. It's one of the few patterns in this calendar that I actually like. The yarn is Sirdar Nova Super Chunky and it's 50% wool/50% acrylic. I found it at my LYS in the clearance bin and I bought all she had there. I have it in black, red, green and this bronze color which I used for the hat. I love it for making charity hats. It's warm, fuzzy, and works up fast. The actual color looks more like this picture, though.



I was taking a close up shot of the pattern. I love how just moving where the purl stitch goes gives it almost a cable effect without doing cables. I'm going to make one of these hats for me since it doesn't look that bad on me. I think it's because there isn't a ribbing to push my hair into my eyes.

And here is a shot of the "hat stand" I used to model this hat. Not glamourous but it worked for the most part.

4 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Very very nice hat...but I'll be very honest - your hat stand is what impresses me most!!! Necessity is the mother of invention, right? How smart of you!
(((hugs)))

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hat stand!

The hat looks pretty comfy! I love too, how to stitches make it look as if cabling was done. Perhaps I need this pattern. Was it easy?

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Bianca said...

I agree with both ladies - the hat looks nice, but the hat stand is unique :-)

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hat and stand (I know, not terribly original, am I?). Good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home