Monday, October 09, 2006

Fall is hat knitting season!

And that is what I'm doing. I made these hats to send to Stand Up For Kids. SUFK is a charity organization that helps homeless teens in Colorado. I donate to the Boulder, CO chapter. It's one of the charities helped by Knitting 4 Children. I'm working on more hats to send to them next month.



I also just sent out some items to the Cheyenne River Reservation in Eagle Butte, SD. Here are six pairs of mittens for the recent mitten challenge. I made 5 of the pairs and a friend made the sixth. We both picked up WoolEase in the woods print which is why there are two pairs in that color. Donna made the pair with the blue stripe in the cuff. She also made hers with a double strand of yarn.


A couple of years ago I made this hooded sweater for the son of one of my daughter's friends. I never had a chance to give him the sweater and they now live in Dallas, TX so I don't think he needs a sweater made from WoolEase Chunky yarn. I sent it to the Cheyenne River Reservation, too. Native American Support is a yahoo group that sends to this reservation.



And this is a picture of Scott and his sister sitting on the little private beach overlooking Barnstable Harbor that we had access to in Cape Cod. The weather was wonderful and we had a great time. We all agreed that next year we need to spend two weeks out there. One week is just too short a time. To see more Cape Cod pictures, visit my yahoo photo site at Photos .

1 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You are so busy and giving too! :)

I love all the hats and mittens but esp the hoodie! It is so adorable.

You are such a wonderful person to help others in need.

Cape Cod looks so serene...

Ruinwen
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home