Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Winter finally found us!

Amy mentioned that it seemed funny to see a picture of New York in January with no snow. Well, Amy, does this look more normal? I think we have had snow flurries every day for the past two weeks. This picture was taken last week. There isn't a lot more snow but there's enough for me!

While I was taking pictures of the snow, I decided to use it as a backdrop for a couple of knitting projects. The picture didn't turn out too well. The little cabled hat is one I started back when my daughter had knee surgery. I think that was two years ago. I dug it out of my UFO box and finished it up. The pattern was from a Yahoo group I used to belong to. I think I'll put tassels on the ends. It will probably be sent to a charity. The other object is a fingerless glove that I made using a skein of Manos de Uraguay that I had to buy because I loved the colors. It has a nice cable but you can't see it in this picture. When I make the second one, I'll take a better picture of it. The pattern can be found here.



This last picture is a hat made out of some 100% wool that was given to me to use for charity. I'm going to send it to Afghans for Afghans. I'm too lazy to figure out the URL but if you google, you'll find their website. The red color goes with the accents in my dining room.

Right now I'm on the bind off row of another Calorimetry from Knitty.com. I made this one in Symphony by Plassard. It's the same yarn that I used to make the multidirectional scarf that goes with my good wool coat. I might even have enough yarn left to make another pair of the cabled fingerless gloves to complete the set.

I'm also thinking about making a Fair Isle sweater for Ariane. I started one from the new Knit It! magazine but it's knit flat and even though I can now knit and purl with both hands, it's awkward to purl. I started one sleeve to see how it would come out and I won't feel too bad ripping it out and starting again. I found a sweater in a Creative Knitting magazine that is knit in the round and has the Fair Isle pattern in the yoke. I'm going to try it. I'll post more about it later.

3 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Blogger Bianca said...

At least you have snow :-) We just have to do with drabby rain here (YUK!)And the temperatures are still too warm for the time of year.

The hat looks cute! I love the colour.

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, that's more like it! LOL It looks gorgeous to me - thanks for posting the pictures so I can enjoy the snow vicariously.

Your projects look great! Good for you for finishing up UFOs.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Bo... said...

The snow is gorgeous. (It snowed here but didn't stay long.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home