Saturday, April 29, 2006

Oola Luna

Isn't this yarn pretty? It's Endless Summer Collection "Luna" from elann.com in the color Silken Damask. It's 57% viscose/43% cotton and very soft and shiny.



And I am making it into this sweater.




The pattern is from the book "Quick Knits to Wear by House of White Birches". When I first ordered the yarn and started the sweater, I was planning on having it finished by May 20th for Alek's college graduation. Somehow, I don't think it's going to be done by then since I haven't knit much more than what you see here.

Instead, I've been working on a charity vest for CIC (Children in Common) in lilac Lopi. It's almost done and I'll post a picture of the finished vest.

I also working on chemo hats for the latest Yarn Yoga charity drive. Here is a hat made from Bernat "Solo". I started it a couple of months ago and finally finished it. The whole hat was supposed to be in garter stitch but I was working on it at Weight Watchers one night and totally forgot that I was supposed to be knitting one row and purling one row. (The hat is worked in the round). So I finished it in stockingette stitch and called it a design element. And I like it better this way.



Here is the progress I've made on my cross stitch picture. It's not much I know. I have really been concentrating on that CIC vest. I had hoped to get it done by April 28th so I could send it in time for the vest/sweater challenge but I didn't quite make it. So I think I'll make a pair of socks to go with it.



I won't get much stitching of any kind done today. We are hosting a wine tasting here at the house tonight and I have a ton of stuff to get done. We will have around 20 people. They are supposed to bring a bottle of wine that they've never tasted before to share with everyone. Actually it's one bottle per couple. We did it last year and had a lot of fun. So we're trying it again.

And on that note, I'm off to do some housecleaning, cooking, etc. Enjoy your weekend!

4 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Mariella said...

Love the hat! It looks very soft and pretty!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Bianca said...

The pattern looks nice, I bet you are getting a really lovely sweater out of the yarn.

The hat is looking nice also. :-)

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
The hat is adorable - love the color. Your sweater will be beautiful, too. And the corss stitching - just gorgeous! You've been busy! I hope we'll get to see a photo of the vest, too. Hope the wine tasting was fun. Wish I could have been there! ;)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Can I come to the wine tasting? lol.

Everything looks great. THe hat is adorable! I love the color for the sweater.. the yarn looks yummy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home