Thursday, May 18, 2006

Camping, Color Swap, Charity

And for your viewing enjoyment, we have some pictures of Lake George RV Park in Glens Falls, NY. Scott and I took a long weekend, our brand new fifth wheel, the dog and went camping here. The park opened on Friday, May 5th and we were there on Saturday, May 6th. And there were a lot of other people with the same thought. This is a large RV park and quite a few sites were occupied. Well, until Sunday at least. Most people left Sunday and by Monday night there were probably only 7 occupied sites.


This is a picture of our new unit. It doesn't look quite as big as it does in our yard. And Isabella is sitting guard under the awning.



Here is a picture of the bike/walking trail that winds all through the park. It leads to a couple of ponds. We saw ducks and muskrats swimming in the ponds. I never thought to take the camera when we went on our walk.

You can see from this photo that this park is always clean and well kept. Even in the middle of the summer when it is filled to capacity. It's one of the nicest parks we camp in and also one of the most expensive which is why we don't go as often as we'd like.



And this picture shows a nice shot of the area surrounding the RV park. Lake George is a 32 mile lake in the Adirondack Mountains. We took a drive on Sunday up to Warrensburg and back down around Brant Lake and onto Lake George. Gorgeous scenery but, as usual, I forgot the camera. This picture also shows how empty the park was after the weekend. Even though there are other trailers, most were empty. The park has a spring package deal where you can leave your trailer on the site during the week and use it on the weekends. It must be a good deal because quite a few people seem to do it.



Here is my Color Swap package that I received from Lorenda. I love the rose colored Suri Merino! It's sooo soft. And the froggy stickers are so cute. I love stickers! I use them when I mail out packages and cards. And a nice selection of teas.



And to end this post, here is a picture of the Lopi vest I made for Children in Common. This is a yahoo group that sends wool vests, sweaters, and socks to Russian orphanages. The vest is the first item I've finished for them. Actually, it's not quite finished. I think the neck is going to be too small to go over a child's head so I'm going to add buttons on one side of the neck. I think I'll have to knit a small tab first with a buttonhole in it to attach to the shoulder. And I have to weave in the ends. But it should be done before the May 31 mailing deadline.

4 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful campsite! Glad you had a good time. And that vest is just lovely - some little girl is going to be awfully happy to have something so pretty.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

The camper, the view, the knitting...it is all beautiful, breathtaking and very lovely!

I'm glad you had a nice trip!

Ruinwen
:)

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Marguerite said...

What a lovely little vest! And, even more important, it's going to be very warm for some child.

Hope you're having a great weekend at your son's gradutaion.

 
At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you will love NorthWind yarns. Dan and Joan are great and the yarn is yummy. Elizabeth in Oswego

 

Post a Comment

<< Home