Friday, May 19, 2006

Graduation knitting




Well, my youngest child is graduating from college tomorrow. I think that makes me feel a little old. I'm happy for him, though. Now all he has to do is decide what he wants to do with his life. Well, he knows what he wants to do - he wants to write. He just has to figure out how to earn a living while he's doing what he wants to do!

After sitting through my daughter's bachelors' and Masters' graduation ceremonies, I know how long these things can go. I think I'm going to tuck a couple of mindless knitting projects into my purse to work on while waiting to see Alek walk across the stage. I just started the foot on the second sock of the Regia pair I've been working on for over a year. I'd love to finish that up. And I really need some new dishcloths but haven't cast on for any because I have so many other things started. This would be a good opportunity to work on one.

We won't be around for the whole weekend. Alek graduates at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday and then a bunch of his friends have planned a picnic in the town park afterwards. I'm bringing the plates, silverware, and Chex Mix. It's what he asked me to bring. I will be making the mix from scratch. He wants the Muddy Buddy mix which is made with chocolate chips and peanut butter then coated in powdered sugar. I also thought I'd make the regular Chex Mix with the Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt.

After the picnic (and I really hope the it doesn't rain like it's predicted), we are going to start packing up his stuff to bring home. We rented a UHaul trailer that we will park at his house overnight. We're going to spend Saturday night at Scott's sister's house in Syracuse and then drive back up to Oswego on Sunday to finish packing. Again I hope the rain doesn't materialize. Since Oswego is 1 hour, 40 minutes from here and his sister only lives 40 minutes from Oswego, this will save us driving time. Plus it's always fun to visit.

There's a great yarn shop in Oswego (North Winds Yarn on 2nd Street) but I don't think I'll get a chance to visit it. I haven't been there since last year some time. They just changed their hours to include Sundays but I still don't think I'll make it. I'll just have to organize a road trip sometime this summer.

That's it from me for now. I'll be back on Monday and maybe I'll even post pictures of graduation. And hopefully, pictures of finished graduation knitting!

6 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Congrats to your boy! What an accomplishment!

Is he heading over to WA State for summer work? Will I be seeing you this summer? huh? huh?

 
At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos! I hope the graduation is great fun for all of you, and that you get your sock done. :)

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Bianca said...

Congrats to your son. I hope you'll be able to visit the yarn shop thoug. LOL!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Congratulations Momma for getting your son through college!

Take that sock and dishcloth - and take a few minutes to dash to the LYS...after all, priorities - let the kids scurry with the packing for just a few?
(((hugs)))

 
At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting another child through college and good luck to Alek. T X-Country team will really miss him!

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your youngest son and to you too as a parent. I hope the picnic was a success and you did not get any rain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home