Friday, May 26, 2006

Graduation report

Graduation went well. It was a little long (two hours) and we really couldn't see much of the podium but we could see Alek when he stood with the other Magna Cum Laude graduates and when he walked across the stage to get his diploma.

I tucked some dishcloth cotton and a circular needle in my purse and knit through the entire ceremony. I certainly didn't offend any speakers since they were so far away they couldn't see me. And I listened to all the speeches even though they were often hard to hear and understand. Ariane saw a lady with a Sudoku book and wished she had brought one, too. Here's my finished dishcloth. I only got half of it done during the ceremony but it was finished by the end of the weekend. Ariane claimed it as I was knitting it so it's living at her house now.



We didn't take pictures during the ceremony since, as usual, I left the camera in the truck. But I wasn't worried as I knew that they have professional photographers who take pictures as the grads cross the stage. And once we got back to Alek's house, we had his roommate take a picture of the four of us. I had already changed back into my warm sweater since it was a cold, nasty day. I'm not happy with the picture of me since I think it makes my smile look bad. So I'm posting another picture of us from a couple of years ago. The only problem with the second picture is that I was 25 pounds heavier than I am now. Some day I'll post a picture of me that I actually like.




We got Alek all packed up and moved back home. He still isn't sure what he's going to do yet but he has time to find something. And we are enjoying having him home.

I didn't get a chance to go to North Wind Yarns. But that's okay. Even though it's an hour and forty minutes away, it's an easy trip so I'm sure I'll go again. Yarn shop road trips are the best!

3 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like both photos! :) And the dishcloth is very pretty, too. Congratulations to Alek and you on his fabulous job - Summa Cum Laude, wow!

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Congrats to Alek and the Proud Mama and Papa Bears! Small projects are very worthwhile. Sodoku, is the best game out there... knit and Sodoku... hmmm.. hours of entertainment!
I like your dishcloth as well... your DD was right to claim it.

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Mimi said...

This is funny. I just stumbled on to your blog and it seem we lived almost twin lives in May. Our grad was soooo long guess who forgot her knitting. Love the dishcloth and the yarn used (my fav color)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home