Friday, June 09, 2006

War zone/ Comfort Zone

I'm sure you're wondering what these two things have in common especially on my knitting blog. Actually, nothing.

The following pictures are what my 21 year old son and his friends like to do on a lazy afternoon.





They don goggles and chase each other around the yard shooting Air Soft guns. One neighbor who sees my husband walking the dog in the mornings asked about it. She didn't think we had any high schools kids and thought we were a little young for teenage grandchildren. She was right and Scott told her that it was our college graduate son and friends playing in the yard. I'm waiting for the day when the cops pull up and want to know what's going on. Good thing the guns have the bright orange tips on the muzzles!

And now for the Comfort Zone. That's the name of the double pointed needles in this picture. Someone on the Sockknitters group mentioned them and I thought I'd give them a try.


The needles are made from a "space age polymer" and are quite flexible. I thought they might be easier on my hands than the metal dpns.

I bought sizes 1, 2 & 3 to try out. The size 3's are shown on my sock. The points are very pointy and they do have flex but I find them quite compfortable to use.

I cast on for a Regia Surf sock with the size 2's and they seem to work well, also.

The size 1's are very flexible. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be to use 4 of them at the same time but I think I might try using two of these and two of the metal ones and see if that worked out. The baby socks I made on metal needles really did a number on my hands.

These needles cost me $6.49 a set. The sizes run from 0 to 10 1/2 (US). They can be found at Knitting-On-The-Go.

Lately I have been working on baby things. I'm still plugging away on the pink blanket. The baby was born on May 30th so I should really concentrate on finishing it. I also started a diamond lace pattern blanket for one of the twin girls my niece is expecting in August.

And then there's the charity knitting that I've been doing. Knitting 4 Children is concentrating on preemie hats, booties, and blankets for The University Medical Center in Lubbock, TX this month.

I have been crocheting little hats out of sport weight yarn for them. The pattern can be found at Bev's Newborn Roundie Hat These little hats are very quick to make up and are a great stash buster.

I'm also finishing a preemie blanket done in the dishcloth pattern. It's made from light blue Bernat Cotton Tots. I'll post pictures when everything is finished.

And that's it from me for now. It's supposed to be a hot, sunny weekend. Maybe we'll even get to use the pool!

3 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

You sound busy. Cant wait to see photos of the finished projects!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Bianca said...

I agree with Christine. The socks in Regia start to look nice. I am glad that the DPN's work well for you - I usually use 40 cm DPN's to knit socks with :-)

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sue:
You have a nice BLOG. I am trying to set one up after seeing a few of the ones for ladies on Knitting4children. I will work on that this summer. I see you are a camper- we just put our camper on a permanent site down in Allegany county. I pack up my knitting and away we go. Where do you live in NY????????
Cheryl
Rochester NY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home