Sunday, August 20, 2006

Hey, it's a post!

I mentioned in my previous post that last week we were in Bar Harbor, Maine. The next two pictures are of Gorham Mountain in Acadia National Park. We climbed to the top of this mountain. If you know anything about me, it's that I usually don't do "up" and I am pretty much against physical exertion. I really don't like to sweat. But I did do "up" with no problem and I sweated a lot! The first picture indicates what most of the climb consisted of - rocks! And this is a fairly level stretch. The second picture is Scott coming down the trail behind me. He insists on following me. I think he's afraid he'll turn around and I won't be there. Or I'll be flat on my face. I am a major klutz, after all.
But I made it up the mountain and down again with no problems.




I will be posting more about Bar Harbor later. I'm waiting for some other pictures to be downloaded.

These next two pictures are of a counted cross stitch bookmark I did for an exchange in July. The pattern is from Prairie Schooler. It's part of an autumn sampler. I thought it came out nice except when I had it half stitched, the lace started pulling away from the aida cloth. I finished stitching it and used fabric glue to secure the lace to the fabric. The first picture is of the back of the bookmark because I thought the stitching turned out very neatly. I never got a thank you from the girl I sent it to. I hope it didn't pull apart when she opened it.




And now I have to go start the grill so I can cook the veggies I have marinating - eggplant, zucchini, asparagus, onions, and yellow squash. With lots of garlic. Yum!!

See ya!

3 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger Joan said...

You never got a thank you? Was this part of an exchange? I sure would have thanked you. It's beautiful.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Carol & Christine said...

Sue, Love the photos! You guys look like you always have a lot of fun on your trips. Just beautiful scenery.

I'm sorry you didn't get a Thank You... I think it's Beautiful!!!

 
At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue, I'm glad you survived the climb! I, personally, don't do down very well. Up doesn't usually bother me, though.

The bookmark is gorgeous and you're right, the back is perfect! Looks good enough to be the front. I'm sorry the recipient hasn't thanked you yet. I hope she does.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home